You may still have work to do on your tan, but that’s still no excuse for dull, lackluster skin. Get glowing with my favorite DIY body treatment recipes that I shared this past weekend on KVUE.
Vanilla-Coconut Body Scrub
– Mix 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
– After cleansing in the shower, rub on skin and massage. The sugar acts as an exfoliant.
– Rinse thoroughly.
Lemon Body Butter
– Melt 6 Tbsp coconut oil and 1/4 cup cacao butter in a saucepan.
– Remove from the heat. Add 1 Tsp vitamin E oil and 1/4 Tsp of lemon essential oil.
– Cool until the mixture solidifies, (a few hours at room temperature).
– Massage all over body.
Cocoa Body Bronzer
– Melt 1 cup of shea butter and 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat, cool for 30 minutes.
– Mix in 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1-2 Tbsp of cacao powder, 1 Tbsp of cinnamon, 2 Tbsp of nutmeg, 5-10 drops of essential oil and 1 Tsp vitamin E.
– Place the oil mixture in the freezer to firm up.
– When the oil mixture is partially solidified, remove from freezer and whip the partially-solidified mixture until peaks form.
NOTE: Depending on how dark you want your bronzer, add more cacao powder.
Share this Post