JOB TITLE: Cosmetology Educator
LOCATION Springfield, Missouri
REPORTS TO Education Director
Academy of Hair Design started in 1995 with the goal of providing vocational training to the vibrant beauty and barber industry. We promote a student-focused approach at every level. We transform students into industry leaders who have the diverse skills needed to be successful in their careers and in life. Many people on our team have backgrounds from other industries and have come to love how we equip and empower the whole person to identify their purpose and passion to succeed. If you have a desire to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic company that emphasizes personal and professional growth, we might be a good fit for you.
- Love – Love, the ultimate facilitator, empowers, and encourages growth of all our core values.
- Transformation – While change is important, we are committed to deep, unprecedented, long-lasting transformation.
- Excellence – We deliver the best education and produce professionals to succeed in the industry.
- Fun – Smiles, laughter, and joy in everything we do.
As a Cosmetology Educator, you are responsible for welcoming each student and treating them like family to provide an excellent educational experience leading to an extraordinary career. Your main objective will be building relationships with students and facilitating the educational objectives of Academy of Hair Design in the classroom and on the clinic floor. You will ensure that all company and school policies and standards are modeled and followed. You will participate as a team player while demonstrating exceptional customer care and professionalism to all students and guests.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Uphold and honor Academy Core Values, Mission, Vision, and Objectives
- Follows all Policies and Procedures
- Create and administer effective lesson plans
- Assist students on the clinic floor with technical skills support
- Assist students with guest consultations
- Demonstrate exceptional guest service and professionalism to students
- Check services performed by students for quality
- Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies
- Monitor and manage front desk operations when needed
- Lead and coach Business Realities
- Administer and grade tests
- Facilitate sanitation and safety standards
- Organize and manage all classroom operation s
- Ensure that all company and school policies, standards, and objectives are followed
- A relentless passion to see students succeed in the Cosmetology Industry
- Results-driven personality with an unparalleled work ethic
- Detail and process-oriented with exceptional follow-through
- Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Effective time management
- 3+ years’ Cosmetology industry experience
- Licensed Cosmetologist in the State of Missouri
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Position requires standing for periods of time, may require some lifting or moving up to 25 Ibs.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends
- Previous teaching experience is a plus
- Customer service experience
- Fun personality
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Other benefits: $275.00 Health Flex Spending Account, 11 Paid Time Off; 7 Paid Holidays
ATTRACTIVE ASPECTS OF THE JOB
- Exciting ever-changing Industry
- Engaging fun interactive environment
- The Joy of sharing your barbering skills with the next generation of barbers
- Being a part of a “TEAM” that is committed to Love, Kindness, and Cooperation
- Community Involvement (Career Fairs, Community serving, Neighborhood events)
- Growing Company that can provide the opportunity for upward mobility
Share this Post